God breathes in a special way and you race home, trying so hard to remember the details so you don't forget anything, but then you realize, those details are in your soul. Deep down. But I'll try. Last week, I wrote a blog about the 1.9 billion who have not yet heard the Good News of Jesus. I'm blessed beyond belief to be able to work with Global Disciples and witness the hand of God as He REACHES down and moves the nations. Today, we had a prayer, worship, and praise time for the Beyond Idols worship tour: http://www.beyondidols.net/ and I have to say it's been a LONG time since worship was that sweet for me. I'm not sayin' anything is wrong with worship in our church (I really love it & can enter in, there, too). But there's something for me, in my heart, that really connects when I'm worshipping with people from other countries. Something lets rip, if you will, deep down. As I sang songs to Jesus with our staff and those on the tour in a circle, I teared up - over and over. It was a sweet time as we sang to Jesus, the One who conquered the grave... for the nations... You can pretty much bet on the fact if nations, Jesus, etc. are sung in a song together, I will cry. In a good way. In a Jesus, please don't let them perish without You way.
One of my coworkers led us in an exercise where we listened to him read Revelation 5:8-14 multiple times. A couple times with our eyes closed and we were asked what stuck out to us. And then to say that out loud. Then he read it again and asked us to pray based on what we received... The part that really struck me was the elders falling down and worshipping. Then I sensed the word GATHERING was on God's heart, so I prayed for that. I also sensed that the "walls will not contain them". WHEW! What, Lord??? I'm not sure what it all means, but I know God's heart is for the nations. I know His love is not contained in walls, and I know someday that "Multitude" with be uncontainable.
"Because You were slain and with Your blood You purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation." Don't you love it when God speaks to you? Not only FOR YOU, but for OTHERS? I love that.
At church, we focused in January on First month, First Love. Today was a special touch from my First Love. Thank You, sweet Jesus, for reminding me of Your great love for ME, for THEM, and for THOSE WHO HAVE NOT HEARD. You're more than I deserve... Thank You for letting me taste Heaven here on earth. And Benson, someday when you grow up, I want you to know that today, you were loved on by people from Ethi-pia, Kenya, US, Ind-nesia, and especially by "uncle Harry" from Ind-nesia. He named himself that for you and he really loved on you... and now you smell like him. :)
And one more side note that made me smile... We are studying Revelation in our life group... When Robert said we'd meditate on this Scripture today, I couldn't help but say in my head, "okay Jesus, I get it ;)"...
Revelation 5: 8And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. 10You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
13Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" 14The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
13Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" 14The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.

1 comment:
Thank you Jesus! What stuck out to me in those verses was "WORTHY, WORTHY, WORTHY, WORTHY." It doesn't look like a real word - typed it to many times - but that is not the point.
The point is that God is SO WORTHY and down hear on earth we all forget that. Jesus - don't let me forget for another minute, for another distraction.
:)
Post a Comment