I hope today is wonderful for you - I'm glad it snowed to make things extra special -
I can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year!
I thought I'd blog a little bit about how much I appreciate the man of God Nate is...at his very young 26 years!
- God has blessed me with a husband who is both strong and kind.
- He is both wise and willing to admit he has a lot to learn.
- He is capable of doing so many things and remains humble in them.
- He loves Jesus and loves to spend time with Him, making Him a priority in his life.
- He leads and serves us in ways that I'm pretty sure honor God. A lot.
- He is selfless - often giving up what he would prefer to do or have for the health (and sanity sometimes) of the family.
- He desires to be better. Not just so he can be better, but so that he can really honor God with his life.
- He is committed to our marriage and to our family - and especially to the vows he made with me and with God on our wedding day.
- He is such an awesome father: changing dirty diapers (which is no small feat, since we do cloth ;)), reading to, playing with, talking to, and just plain old loving on Benson. I love to watch them together.
- He takes the trash out faithfully. This seems silly, but I really hate that job :)
- He helps me clean.
- He accepts me as I am (which in case you were unaware, some days, this must be very difficult ;))
- But in that acceptance, he wants to see me be the BEST I can be. He's helping me get there.
- He stuffs the liners into the diapers (maybe my second least favorite job).
- He takes good care of his health
- He carries the car seat to the car when we're together and still tries to open doors for me (even though that's harder now that we have baby and gear to lug around).
- He doesn't just expect me to be the nurterer to our son, he believes he should be as well. And for the record, you can totally tell Benson adores him!
- He loves his family.
- He loves our friends.
- He is growing in grace, in the Lord, and changing - in really good ways!
- He is super good with finances and that makes me feel super good (because I'm not!)
- He has eternity in his heart more than the temporal things of this earth.
- He laughs at me. I mean with me.
- He likes my family and friends (and if you thought I was weird... just kidding)
- He is very, very, very responsible
- I like the way he looks - a lot :)
BONUS: he is one of the more compassionate people I know... I really like that.
Hmm... I could go on and on. But he's not fifty, so I'll stop. :)
So, babe - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - you are LOVED!!!!
*all photo credits to Christine Limon (from our recent trip to California and Arizona, which I will blog about someday soon. I hope.)

3 comments:
Very nice! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!
Wow Babe that is a lot to live up to. Ha. I Love and Value You and Benson so Much! YOU ARE WORTH IT! I am glad I get so spend my life with such a wonderful woman. ;) Thank you for Honoring me so much!
Happy Birthday Nate (a couple days late)!! We love you and are so glad you are in our lives!! I'm sure my boys would say the same!
Post a Comment