Friday, February 19, 2010

Six WHOLE months

So, I have to admit something to you... Perhaps Sheepishly... Last night when I was feeding Benson, getting him ready to bed, singing prayers over him, I was thinking about that night six months ago we went in to have him, to be induced, not having a clue what that day or what the coming days would bring. I teared up as I thought of the grace of God on us. The way He has protected and provided for Benson from conception all the way through his first six months. So Happy SIX Months our precious blessing straight from God. We love you even more today than yesterday and I'm sure we'll feel the same tomorrow.


At six months, Benson can sit up all by himself, help eat all sorts of food (like sweet potatoes, spinach, green beans, peas, rice cereal), sometimes sleeps for six or seven hour stretches (sometimes), SMILES like nobody's business, laughs, chatters, squeals, loves his Johnny Jump Up, wears 6 month and 9 month clothing (depending on the diaper ;)), loves meeting new people, is very calm, but very fun - a perfect combination, has a tooth on the bottom, grew a birthmark!, still has blue eyes and a light colored hair that will most likely be like his mama's, adores his daddy, really likes to make people smile, loves to wake up to a "good morning!" and smiles away most days, likes to sleep at 6:30pm if given the chance, still hates tummy time, but loves to stand up on his legs only be held onto for balance, not support, grunts and sounds like a little man, and generally just makes us very grateful and a bit in awe that God would choose us to raise this little blessing for Him. How blessed we are!


To celebrate, I finally picked up this beautiful canvas print - photo taken by Kimberly Sanderson of Sanderson Images - canvas printed, stretched, wrapped and lovingly completed by John Sanderson. I love it and can't wait to hang it in Benson's room. :) I couldn't wait to show you what it looks like, so you can't see it hanging, just posing nicely on the couch with Benson, the big 6 month old...

Please pardon my super photography skills. It's why I don't work for Sanderson Images or any other photographer for that matter. I'm just not full of mad skillllzzzz. But seriously, look at this really, super cute baby I birthed :)


Love you and Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

love2bmom said...

love this update! He is a doll!!

Our Wedding Countdown