Thank you for praying for us while Nate was away and traveling, Benson was a great baby and we had fun getting ready for grandma's visit. My mom made it here on Friday night, and Nate was supposed to be here Friday, too, but due to mechanical issues on the plane, didn't make his connection and got home Saturday. God was with me the whole week, keeping me from fear and even giving me a good attitude when I found out Nate would be late :) I was glad they fixed the plane before flying and would rather have a late husband than a dead one. I know that's a blunt way of stating it, but sometimes I think I forget the eternal or long-lasting stuff by getting caught in the here and now. God protected me from whining and being ungrateful for His blessings. I was able to make the most of the extra alone time with my mom and I think that was fun, too. Nate was bummed to miss helping his brother and sis-in-law move into their new home. Nate worked to help get the house ready and it looks great! We were grateful to be able to take them dinner and help a little bit Saturday night. I don't have pictures, but we pray blessings for Sheldon, Mindi, and the kiddos there!
We had such a great time this past week - thanking God and even though my mom had strep while she was here, Benson got (and is still fighting off) his first cold, and Nate and I are kind of sick (but fighting the illnesses!!!), we are happy. It has been a joy to watch Nate love on our son, being selfless and serving the two of us. Our little sweetheart of a baby has, aside from bouts of sadness from fever and not being able to breathe, been the same smiley, happy little baby we love so much. God is so good to us, better than we deserve in every way.
For Benson's first Thanksgiving, we took some pictures of him by the turkey, they were about the same size, the turkey weighing in at 17.5 pounds and baby Benson at 15 lbs. 1 oz. (one blessing of him getting sick and having to go to the doctor was getting to find out his weight ;).
This is actually Benson's second Thanksgiving. One year ago, Nate and I were on our trip up north right after Thanksgiving. I was exhausted tired, hungry, and didn't know I was pregnant, but God had already blessed us with this wonderful baby, growing and thriving, ready to be our Thanksgiving blessing one year later :) That made this year even more special as I thought of the surprise God had for us last year....
I'll stop writing now and let the pictures speak for me, except to say, we love you and thank God for you as well as the countless other blessings of our lives...

2 comments:
Love the pictures in this one! I was cracking up at the "sunglasses" and the turkey comparison. He is getting way too handsome to handle. See you tomorrow night..I'll have the little lady with me this week!
Did he grow up in just the short time since I last saw him??? What a big, beautiful boy. I love him.
Miss you. We need to get together again when things slow down a bit. Thank God for blogs to keep us posted in the mean time!
Post a Comment