Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Horses, horses, horses and celebrating 12 weeks!!!

Howdy folks,
Micah, being quite excited for the ride!

Major, making sure I got his face in the shot of Jeremy, Nate, and Jim working on the reigns/halter.

These two cuties are getting hitched in June ;)

The guys, ready to go!

What a beautiful weekend we had at the cabin!!! Nate and his dad and two of their friends rode horses on Saturday, while Benson held down the fort with the ladies :) He rather enjoyed himself and somehow made it almost 24 hours without crying once. And I was nervous he wouldn't sleep well in a strange place. Silly me.

Benson smiling with Grandma Hoover

Nate and I were really looking forward to this trip, as he and his family and the Horning family have been going on horse-back rides together for 10 or 12 years. I really enjoyed hanging out with the women and going on a nice long walk in the cool fall air. God has really blessed us here!

Benson and the ladies out for a walk. Notice Jean's selflessness, pulling the large stick up the hill to mark our spot on the trail so we could find our way home.
We ran into these cowboys on our walk :) I think the guy in the middle is pretty cute ;)

We found this beauty randomly on the trail... Sandhill cranes are not too common in these parts...

Benson celebrated his 12 week birthday by getting two vaccines, which he only cried for about 30 seconds afterwards, then was grinning up a storm at the nurse. I saw a neat lesson in quick and total forgiveness there :) He then went to work with mama and sat through a couple teaching sessions, lunch, and disintegrated big-time right as prayer started. He's been smiling and happy and talking tonight though, and we thank God for being his Healer, Protector, and Strength today! (and everyday, for that matter!)

And we leave you today with a parting video with our tough li'l guy :) Please pardon my sweet cheapo photo camera video :)


More photos at...... http://picasaweb.google.com/nateandjenny.blogspot.com

No comments:

Our Wedding Countdown