Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh, Tannenbaum



What a fun week! Okay, so our baby is 16 weeks now, or is that 17? I can't keep track, but either way, he's growing and getting cuter and cuter and laughing and having fun, but it is hard to show you all of this, because the camera comes out and he freezes up. Performance anxiety, I guess ;) He got his first taste and feel of snow this weekend and he loved it. I think the hat from N-pal kept him plenty warm and well, he might just be on his way to becoming a snow-freak, like his mama.

We traveled to State College (about 2 hours away) with some friends this past Saturday (also where most of them (except our friend Jeremy and I) went to college. They loved it there, so it was fun to return with people who really liked the town. The Christmas tree farm we visited was called Tannenbaum Farms http://www.tannenbaumfarms.com/index.htm and it was so beautiful! ANY TREE, that's right, ANY, is only $35. The employees were very nice, too :) We prayed for snow and God delivered white, wonderful, beautiful snow :)



Speaking of snow, I've been thinking a lot since Saturday about why I like snow so much. I like that it covers everything and makes it new-looking, pure, spotless. But I tend to like it a lot less after the heat has melted it a bit, cars and people have polluted it, turning it that nasty grayish brown color, and it no longer looks pure and spotless. I am so glad, though, that as co-heirs with Christ, we have been made white as snow. Not grayish brown as snow, but white as snow. Isaiah 1:18b says, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Thank you, God, for sending Jesus so we could be fresh and white and pure, like a new snowfall. You are so good...


No comments:

Our Wedding Countdown