We must be growing up!
We are the proud and happy parents of a healthy, strong, fun, and lovable little boy who is going to be TWO in just under a month!?!!?! and a sweet, content, beautiful, cheerful little girl who is growing and chatting and smiling up a storm at three months old. I know it's cliche, but time is FLYING by with these two! We got their passports the other day and it makes me laugh that they are going to be able to use these puppies for five years. I think they might look a LITTLE bit different then, don't you?
 |
| I had to hold Katelyn up - doesn't she look suspicious of the lady with the huge camera??? Benson held his hands to his chest and seemed to know this was serious business. Thankfully you can't see the animal cracker residue on his face ;) |
It looks like we really are buying a house - we settle the end of August and we're pretty excited and spending some time dreaming of what we will do with the house. Both in updates and construction terms, but also in building up of people inside (and I guess outside, too) the walls. It's exciting and fun and it feels less and less surreal to me each day.
I also realize I haven't posted any pics yet from our family vacation to the cabin. Here you go!
 |
| I think for Benson the FUNNEST part of the weekend was this mud puddle. He longed for it. |
 |
| And this little stream with his cousin G. Somehow he found this spot quite frequently :) |
 |
| And the pool. |
 |
| And the lake - here he is mad at Nate for not letting him row by himself ;) |
 |
| Benson really likes to be on my lap when I'm nursing or holding Katelyn. Here he is joining our party. |
 |
| And this one is not from vacation, but isn't she so dear???? |
I've been struck lately by the fragility of life. I'm amazed that God knows all that will happen and how it will go down. I'm glad He knows all things and that I don't. I'm learning to be more content not knowing all the answers, not having the "right" words to encourage someone, and just being able to cry out to God for those in pain. I'm so grateful for those God has in my life who I learn much from on a daily basis. So glad it's not all about me, that it's really all about Him.
I really like this verse today..."have not stopped praying for you...continually as God to fill you...":
Colossians 1: 9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God...
You are loved,
No comments:
Post a Comment