Wednesday, April 20, 2011

9 Days and Different

NOTE:  This was written 12 days ago. How funny to read it as I post it with pics finally. God is so cool...  Our little girl is no longer nine days away, she's 21 hours old now and we love her heaps and heaps. I'll post soon with info on her story so far :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nine Days.  That's all (plus or minus some days in there).  That's all until we meet our precious little girl.  We are excited and ready to meet her in some regards, but so not ready in others :) God knows that and knows the perfect timing for her to come.  I've continually prayed for contentment and God has been so faithful in giving that to me.  I haven't been wishing this time with Benson away or been antsy for her to come.  Now, that doesn't mean I haven't had my days where I feel like a whale, where my back hurts, and where I think it would be FUN to not be HUGE anymore.  But for the most part, I've really enjoyed this time. 

I cut back my hours at work last week in preparation for the delivery and to have some time to hang out with Benson, get our house ready, and just rest.  I'm so grateful I can stay engaged at Global Disciples and continue loving God and His people. 

I have been thinking so much lately about the differences in boys and girls and I'm sure I'll be amazed at just how different my little guy is from my baby girl we're waiting for.  I thought for my sake more than anything, I'd make a little list of the differences in my pregnancies for memory's sake :)

Boy:  Lots of hair growth during pregnancy
Girl:  Little hair growth (even on my legs - oddly enough - like you can't even tell if I've not shaved them in three or four days - so weird) - hopefully this means I won't lose as much after she's born as I did with Benson.

Boy:  Gained about 50ish pounds (honestly I'm not sure what the final was, but it was around there somewhere)
Girl:  Gained about 30ish pounds

Boy:  Was super cranky (not sure if that was stress of working full-time, 2 car engines blowing, moving, etc.), but still
Girl:  Less so for sure, pretty happy really, a little weepy here at the end.  Defiinitely in touch with my emotions a bit more.

Boy:  Had intense desire to eat something, only to never ever want it again.
Girl:  Not so much

Boy: Slept a lot, especially in first trimester (went to bed at 6:30 most nights)
Girl:  Sleepy, for sure, but usually could make it to 8:30 or 9.  Ha.

Boy:  Sore back
Girl:  Sore back but less so

Boy:  Not too nervous about raising a boy
Girl:  Very nervous about raising a girl (until my two showers where we were prayed over, now I'm definitely less nervous)

Boy:  Hair stayed the same
Girl:  GRAY HAIR OVERLOAD

Boy:  Massive swelling
Girl:  Barely any at all

Boy:  Arms constantly fell asleep at night
Girl:  Rarely

Boy:  Drooled when I slept A LOT (nice, right?)
Girl:  Not really at all

Boy: Snored like crazy - would even wake myself up
Girl:  Rarely (verified with Nate)

Boy:  Tried all sorts of stuff to get labor moving
Girl:  Haven't tried much, just trusting God and waiting for His perfect timing

Boy:  Had the best, most supportive hubby ever.
Girl:  Well, this is no different!  He wouldn't even let me scrub the floors last night because I'm too pregnant and did it for me.  It's love.

This pregnancy has been extra fun in that I've experienced almost my entire pregnancy with three close friends.  One of my dearest friends is due the same day (Palm Sunday) and I'm so excited to see WHEN we both go. Wouldn't it be wild if we both had our kiddos the same day??!!  One of our friends delivered the end of March and one is hoping to go any day now. 

Overall, I've really enjoyed both pregnancies (except for the stress of the first) and have been so grateful for this gift.  So many people would love to be able to be pregnant so I don't take this privilege lightly. 

I really am looking so forward to seeing/meeting our little lady.  I am excited to see who she is a person - what she'll be like - I'm looking forward to learning a whole new side of God's love for me, for her, for our family, and for all of His children. 

We finally have a verse for our little girl and it fits what we've been hoping for her so well...  It's from Matthew - Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. 

Thanks for praying for us, anticipating with us, and loving us - even from afar.  We'll keep you posted!


Love, for all of us,

Jenny

No comments:

Our Wedding Countdown