At his 18 month appointment, he was 32 3/4" tall (66th percentile); 26lb.9oz. (60th percentile); and his head was in the 66th percentile. He's growing and changing so much.
He doesn't speak a ton, but does say cute things like "SHFEW" for shoe, "mMMm" for Milk and has said some very advanced words only once or twice. Like one day he said pretty when he saw a flower, but that was one time only. I think he likes making me think I've lost my mind ;)
Not sure if it's a boy thing, but what he lacks in speech, he most definitely makes up for in motor skills. His very favorite things are being outside, playing catch, kick, and throwing his ball (he really can kick and catch), he likes to "vroom" as he pushes his cars around, and playing with his Christmas blocks from Auntie Gretchie also ranks right up there with the best of his world. He still loves to read and most times, when he's being very quiet, and you think he's being naughty, he's hunched over a pile of books in our living room reading away, pointing and saying "dis" or "oooooh". I love that kid! He definitely keeps us busy, but is such a good mix of calm and active!
then when you say, "come here, big guy" he races towards you like this:
when he reaches us, we scoop him up high in the air, and kiss him like crazy, then put him down for another round! He will do this many, many times. You know he's tired when he starts slowing down and runs at you with less enthusiasm. Ha.
Lately, when he sees a bug, he gets a little agitated... He doesn't seem to be too sure of them. He points and grunts this strange grunting "ooh" sound and looks nervous, pointing the whole time to make sure you see it. Here he is with daddy in the bathroom checking out a boxelder bug. We eventually convinced him that touching it is okay :)
This is a great example of trying to get him to hold still for two seconds to get a pic :) Not happenin' mama!
We are definitely excited to meet our little miss, but we are also not wishing away this time with Benson and being a family of three. I'm so grateful that I've had two healthy pregnancies and this one is so much easier than B's was. We are anticipating our little girl and look forward to becoming a family of four! I can't believe she'll be here in under seven weeks (give or take). I'm uncertain of the delivery as I won't be induced and definitely no sleeping pill this time, so I kind of feel like I'm going into the whole thing for the first time again! There are four of us due within two weeks of each other, Allison and I are due on the same day, so it's going to be so fun to see when we all actually go :)
Thanks for checking in on us even though I'm a dilinquent blogger. But TWO, TWO in one day!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment