Friday, October 9, 2009

Week #6

Okay, so technically, we are in week #7, and I know I'm late on week #6, but... so many things were happening, a blog post just could not be accomplished! All the pictures are, in fact from week 6. And I have to admit, I didn't take very many of Benson. I'm trying to get the hang of part-time working mom here...

I (Jenny) went back to work last Wednesday (Nate surprised me by sending sunflowers to my office, what a sweet gift!). I am blessed to be able to work three mornings a week from home and two at the office. So far, Nate has been home with Benson for my mornings in the office and I am just so grateful for both of our jobs being so flexible with our schedule. Benson's been a total sweetie with this change and even re-arranged his nap schedule for me. He now sleeps most mornings and is awake more in the afternoons! When he does wake up, it's for a brief time and I stick him in the Moby wrap and can continue to work. For a couple of nights Benson was only sleeping for 1.5 or 2 hour stretches and we were praying for him to go back to his nice 5 or 6 hour stretch, followed by 2 hour stretches... He finally did, thankfully :) Last week, I was asking the Lord why He gave us such a calm, peaceful and content little boy. I wasn't bemoaning my blessings, but just wondering why... I sensed very clearly that it's because God's not done with me in my role at Global Disciples yet. So I'll receive this blessing, not only for our benefit, but for the nations, too. God is so good!
Benson's been smiling and cooing more and we just love it. When he really gets to smiling, it's big and causes a large crease to develop at the top of his nose by his eyes. We hope he loves life! His eyes just might stick to being blue. Time will tell, but for now, they are a nice blue. His receding hairline has stopped, so now he has his long birth hair and shorter hair in the front. Ha. He rolled over a few times on September 28th, I think to celebrate mom's birthday and hasn't since. Maybe he was just really excited for Grandma's 60th birthday??? :)

We got to hike and have a BBQ with friends last weekend and look forward to a weekend filled with campfires and S'mores, Mindi's birthday party with Nate's family, pumpkin picking, and our family group get together on Sunday with a fall theme :) We'll be missing the McHugh's though!

Is anyone else completely excited it's FALL??? I think this might be my very favorite season.
Blessings and love to you!
Jenny (for Nate and Baby Benson, too)

No comments:

Our Wedding Countdown