And... We survived our first week away from Nate! It wasn't easy, but we learned a lot! It was always a bit rough when Nate left for work trips, but a whole new dimension was added when Benson came around. God protected me from too much fear (just a couple of short spurts at night) and taught me many lessons of His love during the trip. Nate's first plane was very late landing in Atlanta, well, actually it was diverted to SC and I didn't hear from him until well over 1.5 hours past when he should have landed, which resulted in me praying for peace and calling my friend Kent (I was with his wife Erin) and asking him to check online. Kent told me about the diversion and told me that his flight would be landing soon. I learned to try to hold my thoughts captive in a new way as my imagination not only affects me now. I talked to Benson about trusting God, having faith, and finding peace in Christ when things are unclear. We prayed together.
I also got to grow this week in believing God's promises to me. I really feel like God has a special plan for our family and that includes Nate being around to help raise our kiddos. So in that, I have to believe that He will keep him safe on these work trips (why is it so easy to fall into forgetting God's promises???). And also remembering that nothing on this earth is as important as God. It's hard to hold the ones we love so much in an open hand, isn't it?
For all these reasons, it was a wonderful week. I love growing in trust and faith, don't you?
Last evening, Benson experienced his first Penn State game, and also his first attempted mauling by his friend Owen. Owie was recently introduced to solids... Do you think Benson looks delicious? Apparently Owie did! Benson didn't seem too nervous, though. And we all got quite a laugh out of it. I love this sequence:
Mmmm... You look like a tasty morsel...
Let me just taste and see...
Okay, my mom told me not to eat him, but I still think he look yummy... Can I maybe just take a little nibble??? Please???
And how about this adorable Nittany Lion???
We've been so blessed by wonderful family and friends! Benson is a lucky little guy!
Thank you for your prayers and love!
We love you,
Jenny for Nate and Benson, too!

No comments:
Post a Comment