Friday, September 18, 2009

He's Already ONE MONTH!?!?!?!?

Okay, so I've become "that parent". You know the one that says, "time sure does go by too quickly with these little ones"??? Yep, that's me. I've loved being mom to Benson and I've loved parenting with Nate! We're enjoying everything about our son and this wonderful journey we're on together. Nate's an incredible daddy and I love watching him care for and love on our son!

Don't you just love how they fall asleep sometimes?




We had our one month well-visit today at the pediatricians office and well, our son is GROWING very quickly. For a recap on his stats:


Born August 19 and weighed 6lbs. 14oz. (in the 15th percentile), was 20.25 inches long, and his head was somewhere in the 13 inch area... Before he was discharged from the hospital, he had lost 6 oz.

At his one week visit, he had gained 5 oz. back and his head grew a bit, and I think he was about the same length.

At his two week visit, he had gained 1lb. 1oz. which put him at roughly 7lbs. 14oz., up one whole pound from birthweight and into the 28th percentile.

Today, he had grown to NINE POUNDS, FOURTEEN OUNCES (into the 54th percentile) and well, that's averaging a pound a week. I just hope he doesn't weigh 50+ pounds at one year old ;) **Check out his sweet chub in the pic above

Let's see, his head is now 14.76" around and I'm grateful it was 13" just a month ago :)

And he's now 21.75" tall, which means he has grown into the 60th percentile for height. Still looks long and skinny like daddy. We are so grateful to God for continuing to grow him and keep him so healthy!

He's got a receding hairline (seriously, his hair is falling out like crazy only in the front) like his great grandpa and today is sporting a mohawk that Nate and I had nothing do with. Really, he did it all by himself, as you can see, as it's a little off-kilter. What can you expect from a one month old???


He's smiling more and more and well, we think that's awesome. We especially love it when he smiles at us in what seems to be response to us. He makes many faces, and we think he might be expressive like me. He's awake more during the day which I like and he slept five hours last night in a row (bliss!!!).

During tummy time this week, I thought he might roll over, but got stuck on his arm, which looked like a kickstand on a bike. Ha. I'm impressed with his strength and sometimes surprised by it, too.


Benson also enjoyed his first work meeting with mommy this week (mommy enjoyed it, too).

Nate was able to feed him his first daddy bottle and they did great!


We continue to be SO BLESSED by generous friends and family members and just enjoy visits, meals, and gifts for our little guy. We love the Body!

Nate and I get to go on our first date in a long time tonight - he's taking me out to Sight and Sound for Abraham and Sarah. I can hardly wait! Benson will be in good hands hanging out on the farm with grandma Hoover.

Thank you so much for praying for our little guy. It's so incredible to see the fruit of those faithful prayers and to see how healthy he is.

We love you,
The Hoovers

No comments:

Our Wedding Countdown