Oh, we are in love with this little boy of ours! He's such a wonderful son, we are so blessed.
We arrived home a little under a week ago to the smell of freshly baking cookies :) My mom was in the kitchen baking and my mom and sister loved on us for the remainder of their time here. We had three meals a day, snacks, and lots of love poured on us. And little Benson I think did a little heart melting on grandma and auntie Gretchen :)
We had our first followup pediatrician appointment on Tuesday and Benson gained his weight he lost in the hospital back in five days, they would have given him two weeks. He seems to heal quickly, too. Nate and I have laughed multiple times as we learn to dodge Benson's bathroom breaks and never knew just how excited we would be about poopy diapers.
Nate's been an incredible husband and daddy. Benson and I are so spoiled. :) We love him. He gets up with me at night, changes diapers, and hands our son off to me to feed. He then swaddles him back up and puts him in his crib. It's wonderful being on this journey completely together. Nate and Benson's favorite place to bond is in the hammock under the two big pine trees in our yard.
Nate took us on a hike today to Money Rocks to celebrate our two year dating anniversary - amazing how much has happened in so little time. Our first date was to Money Rocks and last year we went back and decided to try it again this year with our little boy. I felt a little shaky a few times, and could tell my muscles were still a bit tired. But it was so, so good to be back in nature and out and about! I feel so blessed to feel so great after just over a week!
We got to visit the family farm today and I think Benson will like hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa Hoover's house in the years to come.
Benson has been eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, and generally being a very calm and happy little boy. When he does fuss, it's short-lived and mellow.
We are so excited to raise this little boy for the glory of God. I'm not sure what we did with our time before this little guy came into the world, but it sure is fun to have him here now to hang out with and love on!

1 comment:
Well, I officially love him. Have a I said that yet? Hopefully I get to see this little miracle in person soon. Glad you are doing so well Jenny. I love following the blog. It blesses my heart.
Post a Comment