Hi all,
I'm going to have mommy write this, as I can't quite figure out how to type just yet...
I was named after a missionary in Kenya named Benson. When mommy and I traveled in January to India, Nepal, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Switzerland, our friend Benson put his hand on mommy's tummy (where I was at that time) and told her she's carrying his namesake. She laughed and laughed and then thought, wait a minute, that's a cool name! And he's a wonderful man of God, taking God's message to those who don't know Jesus. Meanwhile, back at home, daddy was praying for us and the people we were meeting and thought that Benson would be a cool name for me. So very early on, mommy and daddy knew my name. They thought I was a boy before it was confirmed and didn't even look at girl names. My middle name is the same as daddy's middle name - mostly because mommy loves it. Benson literally means "son of Benedict or Benjamin" and those names mean blessed. You can see my life verse on the next post down :)
__________
Benson is such a joy! He is the son of the blessed ones and even more than that, he is blessed by God! He truly does seem so glad in the Lord and seems to really be in His presence. For as much as God brought us through to get here, we are just so grateful. We can't stop marveling at the work of His hands. He's calm, sweet, a great eater, and just so cute! We do feel blessed as his parents!
Another verse that really strikes me and I really love for Benson is "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine". Isaiah 43:1
We had so many friends and family visit us in the hospital and had so much fun getting to know our sweet little miracle. We look forward to many more visits and enjoying him with those who have prayed for and hoped for our little boy.
The delivery was amazing, considering so many things that COULD HAVE happened. Nate and I keep talking about the whole experience and I'll have to write that post another time. We had a wonderful team of nurses and midwives who made all the right choices at just the right times. I can't wait to share it all with you! I really couldn't have done it without Nate right there with me, encouraging me, praying for me and with me and just loving on me. What a picture of God's heart!
I just wanted you to know about his name and to thank you for praying for us all for the past nine months. God loves the prayers of His people and answered EVERY SINGLE prayer in a HUGE way.
We love you,
Nate, Jenny, and Benson

3 comments:
YEA! He is so handsome and sweet! Congratulations again. AND HIS NAME IS PERFECT!
Jenny!!
You have a baby boy...and he is beautiful! I am so happy for you and Nate - you both look so joyful. I am so happy I could cry right now. I am wishing you all the best as you get into the rhythm of parenting and know I am praying for you all!
Love,
Brandi
It was such a treat to see you guys and to meet Benson. You were glowing... and it wasn't that long ago that Tim & I were in the same place. It's such a wonderful thing! And I continue to be in awe and wonder of how much we love him! It has only made us love each other more and more, and I hope the same goes for you two. Congratulations and many blessings! Love to you! And let us know if you need anything!
Post a Comment