Thursday, July 9, 2009

We did better today!

Hi all,

Thank you so much for praying! We had an appointment this morning and our little boy moved a lot, but didn't have significant spikes in his heart rate (though he did have more little ones than last week and the week before). So they sent us to have another ultrasound. He rocked it and did all things he was supposed to - fake breathing, fine and gross motor skills, etc. So he got an 8/8 on that - 100%. Sweet. Already acing those tests ;) Nate and I were excited and relieved. Nate's a trooper, sitting for hours at a doctors office while I get all this attention and making sure I have water, snacks, etc.

They are having me tested for pre-eclampsia as my bp has been high for a few weeks and I have some swelling. Also, last week I gained one pound and this week, I gained three. Whatever people. I had Hess' BBQ on Sunday night. You can't be upset that I ate 6 or 7 ribs! Ha. Anyway, so I have to do a 24 hour urine test (weird as can be, have to keep my urine in a container for 24 hours and on ICE in a COOLER) and then blood work tomorrow morning when I go turn my refrigerated urine in. I'm chuckling because this is very weird to me.

I'm not nervous at all for what's going on with me. The swelling could be that I'm later in pregnancy and it's summer and that office stresses me out! and the weight gain could just be a normal sort of thing (a few too many ribs, a trip to Lapp's valley farm for their extra fattening ice cream). Or maybe little Harvey is growing leaps and bounds. Who knows. I did cry a little bit (it snuck up on me, I couldn't resist it). I just want everything to be okay. I'm ready for a doctor's appointment that says - Great Job, everything looks PERFECT. Oh, well, a gal can dream, right??? Right???

Again, really, thank you for continuing to pray. I have another NST next Thursday bright and early and I am still praying for those spikes (15 beats extra per minute than his baseline for 15 seconds at a time.)

Love you all!
Jenny (and Nate and baby, too)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

anks for the baby updates. sending you my love this week. hang int here! soon you'll have a beautiful baby boy and all these issues will be a thing of the past. God is good.

Love!
Brandi

Unknown said...

and by anks i meant thanks. ;)

Becky said...

Heya gorgeous,

Just found your blog.. I'm glad to know that everything's going well, despite the ocassional hiccup you had in the beginning.

Don't worry about the weight gain too much--- they had me doing all sorts of cartwheels/backflips/glucose screenings/bloodtests and all that when I consistently gained more weight than I should, right up until the end. And I do mean gain--- about 3 pounds a week, every week!

It turns out that everything was fine, and it was as I expected--- I was just eating more than usual, and exercising less than usual :) You may fall into that category too. I don't think that their graphs take into account people with not-so-great eating habits (read: women who eat real food, instead of nothing but diet tofu) who are used to keeping it off with exercise-- a thing that is pretty much impossible in late pregnancy! So don't worry about it. :)

Oh, and take a poll of what the average weight gain was for your female family members... I've found that's more accurate than any graph at the doctors! Almost all of my aunts/grandmas/mom/sister, etc gained over 50 lbs (I gained 72 if it makes you feel better)

Our Wedding Countdown