For about a month now (maybe a bit longer) she's been mobile. She has mastered the crawl, likes to stand on her legs with her hands on the floor, is starting to pull up on things, and can get just about anywhere. I think she knows to keep up with brother, she has to STEP IT UP A NOTCH OR 20. I'm thinking at this age, Benson was active, but was sitting up with the help of a boppy, and definitely not crawling or anything close to it.
Unlike Benson, she doesn't like the nuk, so EVERYTHING goes in her mouth for exploration. I am baby-proofing much more with her much sooner! She's really, really flexible and sometimes freaks people out with her splits in all directions. She smiles like crazy and LOVES it when you sing Jesus Loves Me to her. She's also "talking" a bunch now, making sure to make slobbering noises mixed in, too.
SHE SLEEPS!!!! She takes two pretty decent naps a day, and sleeps between 5 and 9 hours in a stretch at night (not consistent, but she sleeps for longer than two hours at a stretch, so I DON'T CARE! :)).
She and Benson are good buddies, only getting into fights when his blankie and Woody and his ball popper toy are involved. She thinks he's incredibly entertaining and he loves to give her kisses, share with her, and smile at her.
At her six month appointment last week, she weighed 15lbs., 13 oz. (54th percentile) and was 25 7/8 feet tall (63rd percentile). At this age, Benson was over 18 lbs ;) and quite a bit taller.
| Katelyn at the doctor's office. This stance lasted all of .2 seconds before she was up and sitting/crawling. I'm sure the doctor wished she'd sit still! |
Benson is 26 months old today, talking up a storm, counting (1,2,3,8,9,10 - we're working on it ;)), pointing to letters on a page, busy, busy, busy - the boy can really kick a ball, shoot a ball, and is still athletic as can be. I'm trying to figure out the SAFEST sport for him to play. I think track is a good contender ;) ha. Really, I can see I'm going to have to "let him go" when it comes to sports... If he keeps going at this rate, he'll definitely be a contender.
| Here's our Benson at six months! |
For please, he says "there you go" after signing please. Cracks us up. He's quite compassionate, when sissy gets hurt, he asks her if she's okay. It seems like at this stage, each day I'm in awe of another thing he's talking about. I love it. He's a sponge! I feel like if I could see through to his brain, I'd see things cranking, turning, spinning. He is friendly as can be, saying hi to everyone at the store, and sometimes bye, too! Katelyn and Benson make for one friendly cart anywhere we go.
Benson loves his daddy. As soon as I say, "Daddy's home", Benson's running to the door, throwing it open and waiting for him to appear. I love it!
Benson is also incredibly helpful. I can see a servant heart in him, wanting to help with so many things, so I'm trying to let him, even if it slows me down. I don't want to squash that gift!
We are all starting to feel a little more situated in our home now, Benson is especially happy with his new room. By 6:45 at night, he's headed to his room to read and hang out to settle down before bed. Nate is adjusting well to his new job, celebrating three months a couple of weeks ago. He had a really positive review, we're so proud of him! I'm still enjoying being plugged in at Global Disciples 10 hours a week. I think it keeps me sane :) I'm so grateful to be able to be involved still, keeping my eyes on the eternal stuff beyond my little corner of the world.
I love seeing their similarities and differences. Many say they see Benson in Katelyn but I don't really all that much. They definitely look very different to me, but you can tell they are related in some ways. They are both so unique and so wonderful to parent. I would never ask for any different babies to raise and I thank God every day for the privilege it is to raise them!
| This is her usual expression. Eyes wide, taking it all in. Two fingers in her mouth. Doesn't matter which two as long as they're in there! |


1 comment:
Girlfriend is WORKING IT on that doctor table. :) And Emma counts the exact same way...1,2,3,-8,9,10! Love you guys! Praising the Lord with you for two healthy, awesome kids!
Post a Comment