What a fun week (or was it two???) we had! This is even more intense and long than usual, so if you don't want to read, you can scroll through the pics :)
The first weekend in May, we got to coordinate and read Scripture in our awesome friends' wedding! Luke and Janine got hitched. And can I just say that we're SOO SUPER EXCITED for them!!!! We love these two and they are such dear people! Really, the kind of people you wish you could be like when you grow up... Nate and I really enjoy coordinating together. He sees things I don't and we have a lot of fun doing it (but I think we forgot how tiring it is!). Happy Marriage, you two! I can't wait to see all that God does!
I got to hang out with my sweet friend Sarah (who watches Benson unreciprocated pretty much any time there is a need) and take her to do a little shopping and give her a haircut. Yeah. I cut it. You should have been praying for us. But I didn't give you a chance ;)
She has great hair. It covers a multitude of "I've never been to cosmetology school" transgressions :)
We also got to watch Nate's nieces Hadassah and Hosanna from Friday after school to Saturday afternoon/evening while their parent's were out celebrating life at the beach with other friends. These girls are a riot. We had a rule that you had to be nice to each other in our house and if you weren't you had to say something nice you like about that person, apologize and make up :) Sounds sweet, right? It was a fun experiment and unbeknownst to us, before 6:30 Saturday morning, they had to seek/give forgiveness a couple times and split up for time apart. Oh, boy. Sisterly love (they're 9 and 6). They LOVE it when I do their hair and usually Hadassah (the nine year old) asks for something "FUNKY". So I usually oblige. This time the funk involved a curling iron. The bad part was that we also watched Meerkats the documentary and apparently, while I was upstairs for two minutes, she saw a snake on the show, got really scared, flung herself onto the seat behind her and sat on her hands, on the curling iron. I heard the scream through my blow drier :( She has a LARGE burn across the palm of her hand and I have to say, I'm pretty sure I would have cried, minus the fact I had to keep it calm for her sake. I don't have a picture, and you can be thankful of that. It was not pretty. But it was impressive.
After that story, we can go to a happy place now. If you get kissed by Benson, YOU WILL GET WET. And he also likes to kick his foot up apparently, and you MUST hang on tight. It's that intense. How much cuteness is this business??? Don't worry. It's a platonic cousin kiss. But don't say you haven't been warned. If you see him comin' at ya... Brace yourself.
Saturday afternoon, we all headed over to Nate's parent's farm (how are you supposed to do that two owner sort of apostrophe 's' thing??? I can't remember). Anyway... We were there to celebrate his mom and hang out as a family, minus Sheldon and Mindi who were at the beach. We had all their kids, though! The goal was to make mom a meal and not let her do any work (kinda) and it sorta worked until clean up time when we had to kick her out of the kitchen. Ha.
Then this happened. It was windy...
This tree has been on the farm since Nate's grandparents lived there.
We are grateful for many reasons... We were parked just in front of it, but we moved before dinner. This happened shortly after dinner. We had all just walked back from Nate's sister's new place (there's that ownership 's dilemna again...) and were walking through there with seven adults and six kiddos. It was still light out. Nate and his bro in law Curtis were there to help Dad out. Well, Curtis' car was trapped, so he HAD to help. Just kidding. He would have anyway. The babies all did well while we waited. And us ladies had fun taking pictures and watching the guys work together. I like that. Teamwork is a good deal!
For Mother's Day... Wait! Before I go any further, I just want to say I LOVE BEING A MOM and WIFE. I love it. I want to honor God as I parent Benson and be a reflection of His love for him. It's a big task, and one I joyously can't do on my own! I think it's such a privilege to raise this little guy and any others God gives to us for God's glory. It really astounds me. And what a privilege to be married to Nate. We're coming up on two years in just a couple weeks and that's awesome! Okay, now that that's out...
For Mother's Day, Nate brought me a dozen roses and got a bike seat for Benson, so I can shlep him around for the next few years as if nine months wasn't enough!!! He also got a helmet for him. It makes me want to pinch him. (Benson, not Nate) And the helmet makes him want to scream. Okay, it makes him scream.
The day of, we actually stayed home from church. I was exhausted beyond belief (Benson's decided he doesn't like to sleep anymore :( ). I think it has something to do with life being SO FUN now. We often find him sitting up in his crib crying, eyes closed. Like his body just had to move and couldn't figure out how to lay back down. Ha. And we have been running a lot lately (whoa, easy. Not that kind of running, I'm not that brave.) So I asked Nate if we could just do church as a family so we could relax. He obliged, but I think it was a stretch for him... We slowly got ready, read some articles on marriage, etc. while Benson slept for THREE HOURS. his lack of sleep at night must've caught up to him. We then headed out to adventure in the county. We decided to do a covered bridge tour, and got to see a lot of beautiful farmland neither of us have seen before! http://www.padutchcountry.com/towns-and-heritage/covered-bridges/index.asp We did the Southern Amish one. It was fun and got a little long, but that's because we got out at all of them, except one. I got to talk to my mom while we were driving and that was so nice. It was fun to talk to my mom while I'm a new mom on Mother's Day! Ha. On our way home, we stopped at the Creamery in Strasburg and got ice cream cones on homemade waffle cones. YUM! What a special day with my special guys!
These pictures are for my sister's boyfriend Thomas who wants to know why there aren't pictures of me around. It's because I always have the camera... But thanks for reminding me. Otherwise, we'd only have pictures of my handsome guys.
And, well, sometimes you try for a family shot, and all you get are awkward ones... So I chose the LEAST awkward. Eesh. Senor Benson is SQUIRM king now. He's a mover and shaker and is just so stinkin' fun. This picture was at this bridge we thought we might see a buggy get hit by a car going SUPER FAST around the bend behind us into the bridge where the buggy was already inside. Ugh.
Nate's headed out on his first three day backpacking trip this week with our friend Brian. It will be fun for him! I hope the weather is great and they can be blessed by their time in the mountains with God and each other!
We love you guys!!!! We hope you have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment