So, for the past couple months, the little guy has been scooting around on his behind, arms, legs, you name it, but hadn't quite mastered the traditional crawl... In the past couple of days, though, he has it and today, he's movin' around like he means it. It's super cute.
He also thinks he's a super power lifter and loves to tote around my 2 lb. Pilates weights.
He also loves, loves, loves the big ball we store in his room. Here we are playing peek a boo before bedtime. And yes, we play before bed. We're fearless like that!
He still really enjoy smiling at people and puppies make him squeal and giggle like crazy. Peek a boo and us being crazy are his most entertaining moments of the day. He also, unfortunately for him, may have inherited my body's way of dealing with heat. Or not dealing with it. Being too warm makes him fussy. But fussy for him still isn't so bad. But I do feel for him, I know how he feels.
He chatters and makes all sorts of fun noises, my favorite being something that sounds like he's saying, "ah disssth". I don't know what it means, but he says it a lot to the baby in the mirror in the car, usually surrounded by gruntings that sound like he's warning that boy in the mirror that he's super tough and he better watch out!
He's eating lots of healthy food that would make many adults gag, but he doesn't know any better, so that's good! His favorite seems to be a mix of rice cereal, spinach, green beans, carrots, and prunes. Aren't you glad I'm not your mom??? ;)
We think last week he had a cold and was cutting top teeth, they're not out yet, but we can see them. Pesky teeth, not nice!
He adores destroying block towers, like seriously adores it.
And these two are each other's biggest fans, I do believe. I love their bond!
Another sweet milestone today is that I've been with Global Disciples now for FIVE YEARS! Isn't that pretty crazy? Only to me? Okay. After months of discernment, a flight across the country, an eight hour interview, and a drive with a sweet friend across the country with my Subaru (rest her soul) packed to the gills, I arrived here. In this place I've come to know as home, the place I fell in love and got married and had a baby and turned 30 :-/ But really, when I meditate on God's amazing faithfulness throughout this time, I'm astounded! Thanks all for praying for us and supporting us. It's been such a blessed journey and I look forward to what God is up to in these days!
In other exciting news... we had a Women's Conference at our church a couple weekends ago. I became a dancing, flag waving, celebrating Jesus kind of gal. It's true. For those of you who know my "test everything" personality, this is big. But even bigger than that, is that it's a signal of the healing and freedom God did in my life. That's certainly something to smile about. I went to help serve on the ministry team, and, as we all know, we are often times the one blessed and stretched and changed and challenged in those times.
We love you!
Jenny for Nate and Benson, too

3 comments:
I am so Blessed to have such a wonderful wife and an amazing little boy. It is hard to believe we have almost been married two whole years already. It has been so fun.
Oh my goodness.. I cant believe it has been 5 years since that wonderful trip out to Amish-land. I still look back at that trip fondly. I am so blessed to have gotten to go with, you are an amazing friend and an even more amazing Godly woman!!!!! Congrats of 5 years... may the Lord continue to use your heart for his service!!!! Love you!
I love reading your posts, Jenny! You have a way of writing that makes me feel like you're having a conversation with everyone:) I'm blessed to have you as a friend!!
Post a Comment