What an adventure - short but fun! We enjoyed some time traveling together, working together, driving A LOT and just being together over the past few days. We also got to see some more of God's creation, which of course, was amazing.
After spending quite a while longer than expected in the airport in Atlanta, I finally arrived in MS. It was nice to see Nate! The trip was definitely adventurous after I befriended the flight attendant on my second flight and she "overshared" with me a bit ;)
We spent Friday working on some things at the MDS warehouse, and I learned the extreme importance of eye protection when operating a circular saw... :)
After work, we visited some sweet folks Nate hangs out with down there (Ottis and Anna Mae) and enjoyed a meal with them.
Afterwards, we went to their daughter's house to watch their European video from their recent travels, there were quite a few people there to watch along with us! What a great time with great people.Our task for Friday: finish out the tool trailer - build shelves, hang hooks, organize. Nate and others had also worked on it during the week.
After spending quite a while longer than expected in the airport in Atlanta, I finally arrived in MS. It was nice to see Nate! The trip was definitely adventurous after I befriended the flight attendant on my second flight and she "overshared" with me a bit ;)
We spent Friday working on some things at the MDS warehouse, and I learned the extreme importance of eye protection when operating a circular saw... :)After work, we visited some sweet folks Nate hangs out with down there (Ottis and Anna Mae) and enjoyed a meal with them.
Afterwards, we went to their daughter's house to watch their European video from their recent travels, there were quite a few people there to watch along with us! What a great time with great people.Our task for Friday: finish out the tool trailer - build shelves, hang hooks, organize. Nate and others had also worked on it during the week. Mississippi is FLAT. And I discovered it's not so easy to understand what they are saying :)
Early Saturday, well, not too early, since we bagged the whitewater rafting trip after we found out we would need to leave at 3:30am!!! to make it, we woke up, got packed up and ready to go in the Ford F250 Super Duty, huge extended cab truck and off we went. I was excited to drive. Why? Because it was three new state's worth of driving for me! Yippee!!!!
I missed Alabama's state sign (I was not paying close enough attention!), but did get Georgia and Tennessee!


Early Saturday, well, not too early, since we bagged the whitewater rafting trip after we found out we would need to leave at 3:30am!!! to make it, we woke up, got packed up and ready to go in the Ford F250 Super Duty, huge extended cab truck and off we went. I was excited to drive. Why? Because it was three new state's worth of driving for me! Yippee!!!!I missed Alabama's state sign (I was not paying close enough attention!), but did get Georgia and Tennessee!


Saturday night, I jumped on the internet on Nate's laptop (while he was driving) and tried to find somewhere cool to stop for the night. We happened upon a quaint, very historic and cool town in TN, Jonesborough, which also happens to be the oldest town in TN... Very neat.Jonesborough's Oldest Building

Nate even took me on a date to a cool French Bistro, where I introduced him to capers with trout and grilled brie cheese ;) 



I thought the houses, buildings, etc. in this town were very gorgeous and fascinating, too!
I thought this church was cool, and I also thought the sign on the outside was great :)

I thought this church was cool, and I also thought the sign on the outside was great :)


Our drive home was safe, fun, and quite nice for being 16 hours worth of driving. I guess all things are a bit more fun when you're in love with the one you're traveling with ;)

Oh, and one last pic: check out this sign and where this guy was from: 





No comments:
Post a Comment