Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day and a Whirlwind Visit from Switzerland...

WHIRLWIND:

We had a great visit with my sister and her boyfriend Thomas and I think it's safe to say I approve of him :) He's a great guy and is everything I'd assume a French boyfriend would be like... Romantic, generous, affectionate, and he ADORES my sister. That's fun to see :)  Benson approves of him, too.  He liked his new "uncle" a lot :) 
And while they were here, this cute little baby turned 10 months old!  Craziness, I tell you, craziness.  He's now an 8-toothed baby, pulling himself up, jabbering away, and so full of fun!  And thankfully didn't get eaten by this cow...


In a period of less than 60 hours, including sleep time, we shopped - A LOT, ate a lot, toured the countryside, ate ice cream, played a game, talked, laughed, drove around, and did I mention SHOPPED??? 
Nate's such a wonderful host and I love how he serves and cares for people.  I'm most often the recipient of his love, but it's so fun to watch him pour out to others as well.

FATHER'S DAY:
We celebrated Father's Day for a brief period of time after we dropped our guests off at the airport by stopping by the river and wading in (Nate and Benson).  Benson had a blast splashing around in the water and I had a blast watching Nate and Benson hang out.  I love that Benson trusts Nate to hold onto him and he can just enjoy life.  I love that Nate is careful but knows how to have fun with his son.  I pray they have so many fun adventures together, being guys together.  I'm so excited for Benson to have Nate as a dad.  The way Nate parents is so much of, I believe, God's heart for His children.  He is strong and solid, yet loving and caring.  I'm never in this alone: Nate wakes up in the middle of the night with us often, he feeds Benson, changes his diapers, prays for him, loves him, plays with him, takes him outside when he's fussy... All without being asked.  His servant heart ministers to us both so often.  He's just a really, really great father.  We are so blessed.  We love you Nate and thank God for you!

2 comments:

Nathan Hoover said...

I am so honored to have Jenny as my lovely wife and to be the father of Benson. God is so Good!

Sarah said...

Yay for a post! :) Happy Father's Day to Nate and Happy 10 months to Benson...pretty soon it'll be his BIRTHDAY!!!

Our Wedding Countdown